March 24, 2008

Black Ribbons in the Sky

Yup, I realize my barn has a serious slope. I wanted to paint quickly and not get caught up in the details. I was afraid if I started fiddling with the lines I'd lose the looseness of the painting and I liked that. This was across the street from the cows (from my last post). While I was painting the cows, I looked over at one point and it looked like a black, lacey quilt blowing over the field, there were so many birds, a minute later they were all gone...

3 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

A lovely dreamy feel to this one and I love your description 'black lace'

2:12 AM  
Blogger Brenda Yarborough said...

Very fresh and ALIVE! Old barns really CAN lean, so I don't think that's a problem -- you are doing so well with your plein aire!!

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, "lace" is a great description and you are really doing great with your paintings!
ronell

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home