March 28, 2008

Oregos at Requa

I want to paint this on a 1/2 sheet of WC paper. This morning, I thought I'd try it first on my small 10"x7" WC pad. Boy, am I glad I did! I think I'll eliminate the forward most rock. The yellow is a bit bright and the tilt of her head is a bit too far forward. For the most part, I really like it.

This rock formation fascinates me. It is at the mouth of the Klamath River. If you scroll down to the previous post, you can read the legend. I couldn't put them in the same post because you can only enlarge 1 image...

8 Comments:

Blogger Lin said...

Tami!!! hon, this is fantastic!!! The rocks are glorious!!! Color, form -- it's a beautifully done piece -- I can't wait to see it larger!!! BRAVA, hon, this is really really well done!

4:23 AM  
Blogger Teri said...

That distant ocean view is just awesome. Love it all.

2:00 PM  
Blogger Brenda Yarborough said...

Wow, Tami!! I love this!! Outstanding job on the rocks, and I rather like the one in the lower right, maybe tone the top down to be more yellow ochre. An excellent composition and I think you SHOULD do it larger.

9:29 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Amazing rocks - I love the way you've got two sorts of clouds

8:45 PM  
Blogger caseytoussaint said...

This is one of the best I've seen on your blog! Excellent - you should do more of these.

4:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is really the most fascinating rock formation and it adds wonderful visual impact to your painting. Beautiful Tami!!
Ronell

12:09 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

What a facinating site to sketch, definitely will make a great painting, the water and sky are fantastic, and I agree about the yellow - Really great entry!

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great value contrasts and light effects on the rocks! It's a very exciting composition!

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home