April 27, 2008

Lost World


I've been browsing around on wet canvas quite a bit of late and found an old link on pouring. It sparked an interest. We did a bit of pouring and using of salt and saran wrap, last year when I took a painting class from Jana. At the time, I was trying to learn more techniques for photo realistic painting. Of late, I've been trying to get away from such controlled and detailed painting, so the pouring on WC grabbed my interest.
In reality, I started out way too dark for a first pour but my "images" popped out and for me, were in the right places anyway, so it worked out fine. Looking at it last night I was going to paint on it to bring out what I see, but decided it would be more fun for the viewer to fine their own things...It was fun and did take me off in a different direction. I may try another one soon and see if I can "control" the out come a little more. Gawd! I get away from control, just to try and recapture it! LOL

11 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

IT is a BEAUTY!!!!! I love the colors and energy in it.

11:20 AM  
Blogger Lin said...

Tami --!!! This is spectacular!!! I agree with Teri -- it's so rich -- and very 'other worldly!' GREAT JOB, cara!

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I love this Tami...I can even distinguish a face of a man to the left with one side of his glasses showing....I'm thinking of the titel "Hiding". Great work!
ronell

7:55 AM  
Blogger Tami said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:08 AM  
Blogger Tami said...

This was a riot to do! I've got a first pour done on another one, I'll try to do more on that one today. It's so fun to hear what you guys see in this. Ronell, I had totally missed the face(s) on the left. Now that youv'e pointed one out I can see two.

8:12 AM  
Blogger Brenda Yarborough said...

Oooh, aaaahhh!! This is one of the prettiest pours I've seen!! It's gorgeous -- what rich colors.

8:36 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

This looks like fun. Certainly nice to get away from all the things to remember in watercolour.
Your faces are improving - maybe look at Cully's blog for some more ideas on shading - link on my blog

2:29 AM  
Blogger Sue Seibert said...

This is brilliant...so vivid. I love it!

9:01 PM  
Blogger Karen Sandstrom said...

Cool! It really is beautiful. Reminds me of the old-fashioned way we used to dye Easter eggs, and how beautiful they came out. (Would you think I was weird if I admitted that I thought I saw the face of Snoopy in your painting?)

4:25 AM  
Blogger caseytoussaint said...

Cool! This looks like so much fun - what a great thing to do when you're feeling stuck.

2:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Stunning colors and designs. Good for you for playing with color.

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home